- Safety is a priority at PHCA. We make sure that we have a Nurse, EMT, or First Responder present at every week of camp.
- All of our staff are certified in CPR and First Aid.
- We hire certified lifeguards to oversee the waterfront. Campers must pass a swim test to go past the ropes and out to the pontoon.
- All of our employees and volunteers go through a screening process, including Background Screening checks, reference checks and training. We select faculty and staff who are well-suited to the task of caring for campers.
- We have a shelter on the campgrounds where we can go in case of severe weather emergencies. All of our staff have been drilled in our emergency procedures and work to ensure the safety of all campers during such an event.
- All our Food Service staff are trained in Food Handling Safe practices.
- We strive for no more than a 5:1 camper to leader ratio so we can provide proper supervision.