PHCA 2012 Staff
2013 STAFF SCHEDULE
May 16-18 Work Weekend
May 18-19 CPR/First Aid Training
May 23-27 Fishing Weekend
May 28 or 30 Serve-Safe Training
May 31-June 8 Staff Training
June 9-12 4th Grade
June 14-16 Ladies Retreat
June 16-22 11/12th Grade
June 23-28 5/6A
June 28-30 Adult Weekend
June 30-July 5 Family Week
July 5-12 Staff Break
July 14-20 9/10th Grade
July 21-27 7/8A
July 28-Aug 3 7/8B
Aug 3-7 Deeper Life
Aug 8-11 Family Camp Weekend
Aug 11-16 5/6B
Aug 16-18 Motorcycle Weekend
Aug 18-20 Leadership Retreat
Aug 30-Sept 2 Last Chance Camp
Sept 12-15 Scrapbook Weekend
Sept TBA Closing Weekend
Hey Guys -
The summer's coming at us - and excitement is coming out of me!! I'm so excited for you all to come to camp! I just know we are in for another great season of service and fellowship. It's going to be a summer to remember! Thanks for your heart for the Lord, Pine Haven and the Kingdom work of which we are privileged to take part.
In an effort to work smarter, not harder, there are several things that we can do ahead of time to get ready for the summer. I know you are busy with school right now, so I won't ask the world of you, but if we plan our work and work our plan we can get a lot accomplished before we even get to camp. So here's a list of the things to get done before hand and the deadline dates. Knock them out and we won't have to worry about them later. Any reading or training we can do ahead of time will be a real shot in the arm when our training week comes around. So please be sure to press in and finish strong. (If you get stymied with any of this, just email me and I can facilitate your process.) Here we go - - - OH BABY! From Tay and Josiah
PHCA 2013 STAFF
Katie Cachiaras - Asst. Mgr. / Lifeguard / Outdoor Crew
Anthony Bankes - Asst. Mgr. / Canteen Mgr. / Outdoor Crew
Katie Adams - Indoor Crew / Part-Time Kitchen Lead
Gabe Langseth - Outdoor Crew / Lifeguard / Medical
Jamie Miller - Indoor Crew / Canteen Mgr.
Grant DenHerder - Outdoor Crew / Recreation Lead
Caitlyn Bower - Indoor Crew / Medical Staff
Katie Berggren - Indoor Crew / Nanny
Sarah Pease - Indoor Crew
Mikayla Saathoff - Indoor Crew / Recreation Lead / Nanny
NEW! Emily Lewis - Indoor Crew
Josh Berggren - Part-Time Outdoor Staffer
Eric Runner - Part-Time Outdoor Staffer
NEW! Ellen Jensen - Part-Time Indoor Staffer
NEW! Erika Jensen - Part-Time Indoor Staffer
Judy Otto - Part-Time Office Assistant
Be sure to greet and welcome our new staffers with open arms!
STAFF PRE-SUMMER PREPARATION
1. Register Online (Deadline - May1) at https://registration.campbrain.com/Default.aspx?H=PineHaven&G=657&M=R
If you are a returning staff or have already submitted a paper application this year, you do not need to fill out the answers to the application essay questions. Simply put in those areas, "See Paper Application."
2. Fill out the "Preliminary Questions" form below so we can begin conversations regarding your starting/ending dates and our CPR training dates. Once I have your dates figured out, I'll be able to issue you your contract.
3. Send in Employment Forms:
Direct Deposit Form and W-4 Form to
Brent Adams, 758 122nd Ave. NE, Blaine, MN 55434
JUNE 1 Deadline
1. Attain a copy of a record of physical examination made not more than 18 months before the opening of camp. You can use your exam record for your college entrance or sports exam for schools. If either of those are not available or are older than 18 months, then you'll need to see your Doctor or Chiropractor and ask for a simple general physical exam like they would do for a college entrance or sports entrance.
2. Watercraft Safety Training - Click to follow link.
This is a fun training on boating and water safety. Be sure to click on the "Popcorn" and "Info Connect" links as you go through it. This training is intended for younger paddlers, but it's a fun way for us to be refreshed on our own water/boating safety. So, have fun with this - get a bowl of popcorn, grab a gatorade and get prepared to oversee canoeing and kayaking at camp!
3. MN Boating Guide - To familiarize yourself with MN boating laws, please read this guide thoroughly. You will be expected to know and implement State Laws regarding Canoe/Kayak
and Small Motorized Boats.